It’s obvious that the internet is very split on the reception of Ben Affleck as Batman. The atmosphere is hostile and everyone is defensive about their views on the matter. Now me, I was over the debate maybe the next morning as I woke up, but it seems that talk of it is still going strong. So with that said, I think that there are reasons to calm down and remember what’s still in store for us up to that point.
- Thor: The Dark World comes out this November. This is a superhero film that has the feel and appeal of Game of Thrones. If that isn’t something to be excited for then I must be living on the wrong world. Let’s take some time to get some hype going for a character of myth that they have managed to translate unexpectedly well on-screen. Aside from this you have Guardians of The Galaxy, Sin City, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Avengers: Age of Ultron to come before then.
- You have a whole year to see what he may have to offer. Yes I was a bit taken back when I heard the news, but that was because there were all these lists and names thrown out who seemed to fit the role so much better. But I’m willing to wait. I would give Batistsa a chance as Drax and I would give Simon Pegg the chance as Ant-Man. Let’s not ruin our reputation by letting society think we argue over something that small which might surprise us in the end. Death threats, petitions, hate mail, just none of it is ever necessary. Gotta show some class people.
- We’re all forgetting what this means to the comic community and society. While the internet is roaring, this is still a sign of how big comic movies are to the world. How much appeal they have generating and how much people have invested into the worlds they are trying to create. You don’t get this kind of response from just any movie and not for any hero. Let’s take a step back and remember that this uncanny choice is what will fill those seats faster than Man of Steel or even Nolan’s Batman
- The subject has been milked for all it’s worth. There is not one site out there who is not taking advantage of the attention this is getting. At this point everything that could be said has been said. You will not hear anyone changing any minds or making a point which hasn’t been rephrased and repeated a thousand times over. Let it die down before you lose all hype for the movie, never a need to burn yourself out in the span of less than a week.
- DC fans, do not let one casting call allow you to fall apart. While everyone could be arguing about this and giving each other crap for it, Marvel employees are still sitting there enjoying the view. You give them something to feel good about when there should be competition. It’s not as if this is the first time the internet blew up over casting, but it has never been this big and it’s not good for DC when trying to establish their cinematic world. Don’t let what you see below become reality.